March 2013 Completed Projects




March was a very productive month. I was able to mend a few items (snow pants and pajamas) as well as complete several projects and prepare fabric for future ones.

First, our daughter’s 7th birthday and party was March 17th. The invitations had an ice cream cone made of yarn look and she was very taken by the theme. So, I crocheted 12 ice cream purses for her crochet-themed birthday party.
morethana-mom.blogspot.com
 
We are welcoming several babies. I found this great tutorial from Missouri Quilt Company on how to make baby blankets. I made two of these and I love them. I will definitely keep them in mind for future baby gifts.
morethana-mom.blogspot.com

morethana-mom.blogspot.com

morethana-mom.blogspot.com

morethana-mom.blogspot.com
 
I have a great head-start on Christmas 2013 projects. In March I was able to piece two table runner tops.
http://morethana-mom.blogspot.com

http://morethana-mom.blogspot.com
 
I was also successful in cutting all pieces for six additional table runners, label the pieces and place in gallon bags sorted by recipient. This will definitely make sewing up the next ones much faster. The good part of using almost all of my pins for labeling the pieces is that I’ll need to get through the pile quickly so I can get them back!

Finally, I worked on custom drum bags. I started over and created a much simpler design for the bag. It is also reversible.

http://morethana-mom.blogspot.com

I was also able to stitch rip the original Native Hand Drum Bag #1 as it was too loose and I will need to make the shape reflect the one pictured a bit more. I'll get it sewn and show you in April.

Sharing Here
Not Just A Housewife

Labels: , , ,