Princess Tiana A-Line Dress

It feels great to cross off items from my list. This weekend I finished a Princess Tiana A-line dress using the Butterick 3860 pattern.

This is the particular dress view that I used from the Butterick 3860 pattern.

I'm very thankful to fabric divas for sharing how to finish home-made clothes with professional finishing techniques. I really believe the quality of the clothes I have been making for the children with these tips are looking less "homemade" and more professional. One favourite tip I have learned is to use a top-stitch. It makes the fabric stay in place better while giving it more structure while making your garment look more finished. Here is a photo of the back to show the top stitching.

I also used a fun thread loop for the button with this tutorial. I love the delicate look it gives to the back of the neck of this dress.
My model seems to be very busy when I sit down to photograph my finished projects. If I manage to catch her in it I'll be sure to take a photo to share.

What did you complete this weekend?


I'm sharing my dress at these fun parties!


HookingupwithHoH

Labels: