My New Sewing Projects

My sister-in-law is visiting from the Middle East. We have a common interest of quilting. We took an opportunity to visit the local fabric shops to see what sweet deals we could score. I found some very sweet patterns for Ava and myself. I was very disappointed in the lack of boys patterns for Travis. If you know of any, please let me know!!

Here are the patterns I purchased and plan to work on next week.
Butterick Pattern B3860

Butterick Pattern B4593
I'd like to make Ava one of these adorable skirts for her first day of school - I'm thinking tartan/plaid would be adorable with a white top.


For myself I purchased a gorgeous orange/pink butterfly fabric for the red skirt.

Butterick Pattern B3460

I also purchased a khaki/dark green/gold fabric for the white capris (below).
Butterick Pattern B5044

I was really excited to start them but when I went to check out with this four patterns the cashier informed me that they would be 1/4 of the price if I could wait until August 20th. I can wait!! It will be a good birthday present for myself also since August 20th is my b-day.

What are you sewing? Do you make your children clothes for the first day of school?


Labels: