Household Projects

I was doing so great at decluttering and then I sputtered. I got a flu this week that wasn't full blown but had body aches, headache, and pretty much left me a useless lump without any energy. I'm on the mend though so I'm planning to get back on track this week.

The main theme of my spring cleaning is to go room by room and purge as well as do a deeper clean (screens, windows, baseboards, move furniture to really get the dust bunnies out). I've been unsettled and have the desire to move but I figured if I got reacquainted with my home again, moved some things around and got clutter out that it would make things feel fresher and larger. It's working so far. Now I'm wanting to redecorate also.

My brother gave us some furniture his girlfriend's mother was not using any more. I was thinking more for the boy but he's so hard to change things for that it's looking like it may go to my daughter. We got the furniture two weekends ago and so far the main piece is in our room, Travis has the new and current tall boys in his room and my daughter has the mirror for the dresser leaning against her wall. Ideally she would get the dresser with the mirror but I am wondering if it won't be too big in her room. I don't want the furniture to over power her room or that would completely go against my decluttering "feel fresher and larger" goals. Sigh.

On a good note, we did get a new vanity installed in the main floor bathroom (it's been sitting around for a year). It's working out great. The colour doesn't match the walls now so I will repaint the bathroom (something I was considering doing anyway) and there is still some mess in the garage to clean up after that instal that I was too ill to get to. This week I hope to get that in order - I want my car back in the garage!

This week I plan to:
  1. Get back to 100% health and energy
  2. Prepare April's monthly menu plan
  3. Organize floor of garage and make room for my car again
  4. Choose and pick up paint for the bathroom
  5. Make a decision on the kids furniture and move things around
What are your goals?